January is National Human Trafficking Prevention Month.
This January, we all have a role to play in the eradication of modern day slavery.
Human Trafficking Statistics
- There is no official estimate of the total number of human trafficking victims in the U.S. Polaris estimates that the total number of victims nationally reaches into the hundreds of thousands when estimates of both adults and minors and sex trafficking and labor trafficking are aggregated.
Human Trafficking facts provided by The Polaris Project at www.polarisproject.org/human-trafficking/facts
Call To Actions
- Want to do more? Get involved this Human Trafficking Prevention month by visiting www.wtlc.org/shiningthelight and learn more
- Speak Up! If you see something, say something. If you or a friend are being exploited, called WTLC’s Helpline at 1-877-531-5522 or email [email protected] for resources on how to get help.
- Want to learn more about human trafficking and how you can prevent it? Invite WTLC to your next event to get involved. Email [email protected] to request a speaker today!
- Get involved this Human Trafficking Prevention month by following WTLC on social media
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theWTLC/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wtlcorg/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/home
Our collaboration with partnering agencies and community members allows us to provide the care and resources our survivors need to overcome and restart their lives. This Human Trafficking Prevention Month, we ask all individuals to empower themselves by speaking out and getting involved in ending the cycle of violence. Join us in this movement and use your voice as we break the silence of slavery. Follow us on social media all month long to learn more and speak up using #shinethelight